Here's an interesting trivia for you, my college
barkada is called
Elffaw. Yes, that's for
waffle spelled backward because we're
weird quirky like that. The naming was more of a whim than anything while we were eating waffles at the canteen, but it stuck.
I just suddenly miss them. My friends, not the waffles. Originally there are
nine of us in the group, seven guys and us two girls. We all came from the same high school
(though we were not exactly buddy-buddies then) except for one. Here's the only complete group pic I could find, way back when we were in college
(pretty obvious given the uniforms the guys are wearing):
That's us plus one
colorum (the guy in blue, Aimee's then-boyfriend). And yes, that's a heavily edited
(to remove a photobomber another guy) photo hence the unnatural background and lighting
(I wasn't all that good at Photoshop then).
I am proud to say that we're all licensed engineers now: one EE, three ECE and five ME. Four or five
(I cannot be quite sure if Rafy is here or in Japan at the moment) are abroad. Aimee in Canada, David and Lyster are in Singapore, Marvin is in the Middle East and Rafy in Japan
(?). Aimee is the only one who has settled down in Canada no less, with a baby on the way to boot. But I got dibs on the first
Elffaw baby with Francine back in 2011
(her daddy's still abroad that's why we're not married yet). Seems none of the guys have any plans of settling down soon.
The most recent but obviously incomplete photo of us last December. From left to right, that's Jebb, Dan, Marvin and me. All different flavors of ice cream to suit our respective personalities. What does
Choco Java say about me aside from the fact that I love coffee? Lol.
Ang partidang MarBaLie (
Marvin,
Badong, Natha
Lie), bow! The
carnivorous non-veggie eaters of the group during a high school reunion. Solid! But I think Badong eats veggies now. Tsk.
The three
single no-attachment-brought members of the group during our
barkada reunion at Laiya way back 2009. From left to right, that's David, me and Badong. Uh,
pa-cute much?
The other girls/attachments/honorary/second-generation
Elffaw members. Only Dianne
(the girl in green) remains a girlfriend
(Rafy's, the guy beside her) now. Maya
(not visible in the picture) is still part of the group, but in her own right now and not just as somebody's girlfriend.
In my car on the way home. Marvin joined us since his then-girlfriend went home the day before, thus leaving him
unattached so to speak. And yes, I was
always the designated driver of these oh-so-macho guys.
Suerte, no? Anyway, the
attached others are in the Revo behind us:
Okay, so that's pretty much it. I really miss you guys! When can we get together again? Last roll call, arranged chronologically with FB profile pics. Lol.
 |
| Jeb |
 |
| Badorki |
 |
| Marvin with his girlfriend Jerica |
 |
| Aimee with hubby Jeff |
 |
| Rafy with girlfriend Dianne |
 |
| David |
 |
| Dan |
 |
| Nathalie with Francine |
 |
| Lyster with girlfriend Marose |
It's so nice to you guys became a tight barkada in college despite not being close friends back in high school :) And your post reminded me of my own barkada too, high school edition though, but our group became closer when we reached college despite not being in different colleges/universities ^^
ReplyDeleteAnyway, hope you guys will get together soon! ;)
xoxo,
The Purple Doll
We were kinda thrown together come college precisely because we came from the same high school; there are sooooo many freshmen taking up Engineering you could really get lost if you've no friends or allies. I had no high school barkada per se since I was shy/introverted/anti-social then, though my best friends and I go way back in elementary. :)
DeleteAwww.. inggit ako! I've been asking my college friends na lumabas na din kami one of these days but there are too busy. Ahhh.. I wanna go to IHOP with my college friends sana! :/
ReplyDeleteGo go go sis! Sooner or later magtatama din schedule nyo so you could all go out. Kami malabo-labo pa at the moment kasi nasa ibang lupalop ang kalahti ng barkada. :P
DeleteAw. cute! So bad I don't own any quirky barkadas in college just like what you have right here. -_- It's just a series of give and take, friends and that's it! Which doesn't actually means that I'm a loner and non-sociable person, for its my Mom and sister were my best company ever. They're my barkada plus my 13 long years best friend. :)
ReplyDeletefrom Myxilog with love <3
I only had a real barkada in college, I was kinda anti-social back in high school. ^_^; But like you, I have two long-time best friends, our bestfriendship going way back third grade. :D
Delete